Friday, March 20, 2009

Thanks Mom


I am one of those lucky children of the seventies whose Mom saved LOTS of things. Some I don't even remember and secretly think that she hid these toys away so we wouldn't wreck them! Like this snow mobile for example. I don't really remember it but judging by the wear, it must have been my brother's and he probably loved it and I probably wasn't much interested. The blue and yellow doll house with the ringing door bell however, now that I remember! The snowmobile was accompanied by the "Snow" book by Roy McKie and P.D. Eastman, 1962. It is from the Cat in the Hat beginner reader series. My mom was a primary school teacher until my brother and I came along and I now realize why we had all these great books! This Snow book has been very popular since Mom sent it and inspired my little guy to stick his tongue out to taste snowflakes. So for all you folks celebrating Spring - we're trying to make the best of our snow, since it will be here for at least another month - Happy First Day of Spring!

No comments: